What personal information do we collect on this site, and how do we collect it?
- When you participate in a CME, CE or CNE (collectively, "CME/CE") activity provided by PIM, we ask you for your name, degree, affiliation, street address, telephone number, fax number, and e-mail address.
How do we use the personal information that we collect?
We use that Information in the following ways:
Do any third parties collect information on this site?
- We use the Information to grade your post-test and to issue you a certificate of completion documenting your participation in the CME/CE activity. If we use a third-party company to grade your post-test and issue certificates of completion, we will give the Information to that company for that purpose only.
- For each CME/CE activity that you take, you must complete an evaluation questionnaire. That questionnaire asks if you are willing to participate in a follow-up survey. If you answer yes, we may use your name and contact information to send you a survey.
- We may use the Information to send you information about other CME/CE activities that PIM is offering.
- We also may share the Information with other companies that are owned or controlled by JHI, including Postgraduate Healthcare Education, LLC, and third parties, so that they may send you information about CME/CE activities that they offer.
- On occasion, the commercial supporter of a CME/CE activity will ask us for a list of the people who participated in that activity, so that it can comply with state laws or document the first level of outcomes-based evaluation in CME/CE (i.e., who participated, which medical specialties/practices were represented, how this compares to the target audience, and whether the activity needs to be repeated because significant numbers of the target audience did not participate). In that event, we will provide the supporter with your name, title and affiliation only, but we will not provide contact information and we will request in writing that the supporter not attempt to contact you directly for any purpose.
- If our company is acquired by or merged into another company, we may make the Information available to the new owner/entity to use in the ways described above, to enable it to continue our business.
- If we are required to disclose your personal information by any applicable law, court order, or government regulation, we will comply with such laws, orders or regulations.
What about non-confidential information that I transmit to you?
Any communication or material you transmit to us by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and nonproprietary. We may use anything you transmit to us or post on this Web site for any purpose, including but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, posting and/or ranking. Furthermore, you expressly agree that we are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to us without compensation and for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services using such information.
How can I correct my personal information?
To keep your personal information accurate, current, and complete, please e-mail CMEU@pimed.com or 303-799-1930.
How can I be sure that my Information is secure on your Web site?
We take reasonable steps to protect your Information as you transmit it from your computer to our site and to protect your Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from this site may not be secure, Moreover, if you use passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on this site, it is your responsibility to safeguard them.
This site may contain links or references to other Web sites in addition to the ones we have already mentioned. Please be aware that we do not control such other Web sites
How will I know if this policy has changed?